Sunday, November 20, 2005

Other blogs

Yesterday morning I created this blog. Last night when I went over to my brothers house to give him an XPSP2 installer he showed me this cool new thing he started on Friday. Yep, it was his blog. Now I'm just waiting for our other brother to come over and tell us about how he suddenly decided to get a blogger account too...

It seems like there are a lot of people getting into blogging. So many in fact that it's hard to keep up on the blogs that I like let alone the many other ones that are good. I've even added a 'Feeds' folder to my Links toolbar in firefox. And then there's reddit. I only started looking at that recently and it's starting to get more of my attention than Slashdot.

So what blogs do I like? Well the ones topping the list are The World, According To Me by my friend Bob, The Simpleness of the Way by my brother, and pretty much everything that Paul Graham writes. I have two of his books, three if you count the PDF version of On Lisp.

I think this is going to be fun writing my own. After visiting with my brother last night we both agreed that writing a blog is a definite thought exercise. Even if nobody cares to read it at least we all cared to write it and organize our thoughts into something just a little more meaningful than they were before.

Shaun

P.S. Did you know that the blogger spellchecker doesn't know the words blog, blogging, and Firefox.

No comments: