Wednesday, May 17, 2006

America: Freedom to Fascism

I just went to a screening for a film called America: Freedom to Fascism. I've heard many of the things that are in it before, but I haven't seen them all put together so well. This is going to be released in a couple of months and when it is you should see it. Yes, you, the person reading this blog post. Much of this was put together by Tim Costello and he said that while he can't make copies of the DVD used in tonight's presentation he can show it to small groups.

What I came to after tonight was that we are in serious trouble in our country. We are now living in a police state. Just last week I was searched by government security that had no probable cause. When I asked how it was constitutional they said I had agreed to it by entering the place I was in. That sounds bad until I mention I was at the airport trying to get to my plane. Suddenly it's ok that security patted me down and that I had waived my right (not by choice) to no longer be safe from unreasonable search and seizure.

Now for a message to Pete Ashdown... Pete, I am going to support you because I am trusting that you will go into the senate and uphold the Constitution. If you do that you will be a rare man indeed. You will be a real representative of the people of Utah. Orrin Hatch is no such representative.

I would just like to finish by saying that no matter what our political affiliation is we need to stop being divided by the apparent differences between the two major parties and start focusing on what it takes to be real Americans. That is pay attention and be careful who you are paying attention to. Check facts and find people who will disagree with you using arguments that are better formed than "I don't believe that".

We must all do our part if we are to be free. What are you doing?

Shaun

Update:
Last night there was an announcement for someone who would be speaking about secret combinations. The speaker saturday night is a decendant of the Rothschild family.
Saturday May 20, 7-10 PM
SLCC Larry H. Miller Campus
9750 S. 300 W. Sandy
Free Enterprise Building, room 101

No comments: