Sunday, May 14, 2006

One man show

I think I've come to a point where I want other people to work with again. In the last 2 years I have been working in places where I'm the only one who can do things. It's made me more self reliant, but at the same time it's nice to have people to bounce ideas off of. It's also nice to have someone who is smarter than you at something.

Working alone can become a problem. I don't have anyone who is going to challenge my assumptions (bad thing). I don't have anyone suggesting better ways of doing things (bad thing). I follow what best practices I know, but there are probably others I don't know that I should follow (bad thing).

What I'm trying to say is I can't do everything alone. I don't want to try. I want to work with others to make something great. That said... Anyone looking for a hacker? I do Windows/Linux administration and programming.

And no, I don't want to be the only one in your IT department.

Shaun

No comments: