Friday, September 22, 2006

Hardware design = time sink

It's been three weeks since my last post. It's been kind of fun.

Last month I wrote about wanting to learn erlang. I still plan on doing that, but I've run into something else I started learning...

Hardware.

A few weeks ago I was talking to my brother and he is starting into a class where they will be working with robots. I thought that sounded cool so I pulled out my old hardware manuals, bought more books, and started preparing to write some PIC assembly. I even dusted off my educational version of Eagle layout editor. After spending my first $150 I'm ready to start designing something that will cost me another $100+ to get the board etched and populated with parts.

Hardware is fun. Soon I hope to be able to post some pictures of what I'm working on.

Shaun

PS. In addition to falling behind with this blog, I have also fallen behind with google reader. Almost 90 unread items... For shame...

No comments: