Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oops... That kind of hurt

Today one of my friends called me. Standard phone call.

Me: Hey, what's up?
Friend: What are you doing right now?
Me: Getting a little work done.
Friend: Could you give me a ride to the emergency room?
Me: Ok, where are you?

Apparently my friend had put a 16 penny nail into the side of his middle finger earlier this morning. Turns out that kind of hurts...

He's not alone in having damaged his left middle finger. One of the nurses had messed hers up, and I have even had a little trouble with mine.

I'm not sure what it is about that finger that makes it such a target...

As for me. 7 years ago I learned a valueable lesson; when working with small explosives a statement of "I've made one of these before" in no way means you are working with a sound design.

At least I have a good reason to tell kids not to mess with explosives...

1 comment:

Bob said...

Well...The middle finger has more surface area, so it's more likely to get hit with something.

Plus, it's really cool to show off the bandage, especially to people you don't like that much.

-Bob