Monday, January 30, 2006

College Dropout

It looks like after only a few months of school I'm going to become a college dropout. I've been working on it for a little while now.

After learning valuable lessons about how financial aid award letters are formatted. I discovered that I was only awarded half of what I needed to pay for school. I have also had another lesson in "even if you're in a hurry, there's still time to make sure you do it right".

Either way, I'm going to be a proper college dropout. At this point I can do one of two things. I can go into a full write up about how I don't get along with educational institutions and that I'm not likely to go back, or I can call this good for now.

I vote for option "B". Higher education is spared a rant until I am more in the mood to form one properly.

Shaun

4 comments:

Tom (Future ME) said...

Sorry your experience with this college has been such a bad experience. That's the trouble with a) private schools and b) unconventional universities.

On the other hand, I know from experience that putting up with the run around and struggling through the process (even if it means you have to go to a conventional college) turns out to be a very fulfilling experience. Even though it has become a common thing to have a degree, having a degree means more than having the paper, it represents the fortitude to follow through. It's a personal victory more than anything.

Bob said...

for some reason, I read this and thought of the song "beauty School Dropout" from Greece. Oh well, it adds to all the weird stuff this week.

-Bob

cmeltifa said...

I really must say this is the best blog I have ever come across in a very long time. I am not just saying that either! I am studying for my associates degrees and spent the last 5 hours (and 12 cups of java) researching this area topic. Many blogs have very generic information but yours is very different. I can actually apply some of this information to my associate studies. No worries I will give you full credit in my references section.(I will even give you a link in my blog!) I took it upon myself to add you to my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Thanks so much from!affordable blogspot.com insurance life policy site.

Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello my dear internet friends! I have some very exiting news. A lot of you know me pretty well now and have helped me a lot. I sincerely appreciate you and I want to do the same for you. Please take a moment to check out this excellent opportunity. I am so very proud to be a part of this business, I just don't have the space I need here to fully express my gratitude and I know you will feel the same way I do. You can even try it out at no charge. Take some time to explore and learn what could be one of the most significant aspects in your life. You will not be wasting your time and I will be honored for you to be my guest. You will love this... Please give me a chance to prove it to you. Click here: internet money making idea It elegantly covers internet money making idea related ideas and FREE information. Sincerely, Scott.