At present I am 23, single, and preferring that my situation were different. That is not to say that I cannot go on living being single as that would be a fallacy, I just think that there is a lot that a man can enjoy being in the company of a good woman.
Things that I know:
- Relationships require practice to get right.
- If I try too hard to make a relationship happen it will fail.
- The other person involved is a unique individual with needs and desires of her own.
- Isolating myself when dating gets hard makes things worse.
- Plowing ahead through more dates when I don't fell like it isn't the answer and makes things worse.
- If I decide not to date someone out of vanity; karma dictates that the same must happen to me.
- Attracting the wrong ones is better than attracting none, but still isn't that great.
- Games are more often played by mistake and are founded on confusion and fear rather than malice.
I know there are people I know that I like, but just never ask out. I know there have been some from my past that may have been different had I understood what I now know. I think the three keys are to be observant, be patient, and be myself.