Monday, January 09, 2006

A new blog

It looks like I may join another blog. This possibility has been in the works longer than I've been thinking about changing this one, but I think it's a good one for me to be a part of. It's called "Mysteries of Man (and Woman)". Though Bob hasn't added me to it yet I do think I should get started here at least.

At present I am 23, single, and preferring that my situation were different. That is not to say that I cannot go on living being single as that would be a fallacy, I just think that there is a lot that a man can enjoy being in the company of a good woman.

Things that I know:
  • Relationships require practice to get right.
  • If I try too hard to make a relationship happen it will fail.
  • The other person involved is a unique individual with needs and desires of her own.
  • Isolating myself when dating gets hard makes things worse.
  • Plowing ahead through more dates when I don't fell like it isn't the answer and makes things worse.
  • If I decide not to date someone out of vanity; karma dictates that the same must happen to me.
  • Attracting the wrong ones is better than attracting none, but still isn't that great.
  • Games are more often played by mistake and are founded on confusion and fear rather than malice.
So there are some definitions. What does this mean for me? Well, it means the last year of not getting anywhere in my dating efforts hasn't been for nothing. As for the future? Sure beats me...

I know there are people I know that I like, but just never ask out. I know there have been some from my past that may have been different had I understood what I now know. I think the three keys are to be observant, be patient, and be myself.

Shaun

No comments: