Thursday, January 19, 2006

Donor appreciation night

Back when I was in high school ARUP came to my school for a blood drive. A little over a year ago I got a call from them asking if I could come in and donate. Apparently they were a little low on just the kind of blood that I have. Since then they have pretty much called me every 8 weeks to come in and give a pint. I think part of why they keep calling me to come in is because I come in when they ask and I have CMV negative blood. Apparently this means my blood can be given to infants or other people who have CMV negative blood in diminishing amounts with good results.

Imagine my surprise when after a year of this I get an invitation to a donor appreciation night dinner being hosted by ARUP. I guess it's a nice way to say thank you to all of the people who have blood and are in good enough health to give it away.

The funny thing about this is the fact that I missed a blood drive today (ARUP got me Saturday). I have this funny personal thing about not giving a full quart in a week. I'm not sure they have enough orange juice and cookies to keep me going after giving that much.

Shaun

No comments: